I promise you, I will not load you down with a bunch of text before this recipe. But I will say this. I’m NOT a very good cook. I don’t particularly enjoy cooking, and it doesn’t soothe me or relax me in any way. But every once in a while, I do get the urge to do a little something in the kitchen.
So earlier this week, my bestie said she made a quiche and it just got my mind spinning. After looking up a few recipes, I pulled from a couple, went to the store, and got to cooking. I came up with my rendition of a broccoli and cheese quiche and I present to you the recipe!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups taco blend shredded cheese
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 TBS olive oil
Here are the directions:
- Thaw and bake the pie crust according to instructions on the package
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and place one of the racks into the bottom third of your oven
- Chop onions and broccoli
- Heat a medium sized skillet on medium high
- Add olive oil
- Sautee onions and broccoli until the broccoli is charred
- Take the broccoli and onion mixture out of the skillet and place to the side
- In a medium sized bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Whisk together until the eggs become frothy
- Spread half of the shredded cheese into the bottom of the pie crust
- Spread the broccoli and onion mixture on top of the cheese layer
- Add the remaining cheese on top of the broccoli and onions
- Pour in the egg mixture, evenly distributing it into the pie crust
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place the pie crust onto the lined baking sheet
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the top is browned
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving
Now that that’s out of the way, I’ll add the discussion about how quiche is amazing and wonderful. How it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and how it would be wonderful if paired with a nice salad or a croissant. And if you’re having company, quiche is a wonderful dish to serve that makes you look fancy smancy. Add your favorite prosecco or cocktail, and you’re a brunch superstar!
Let me know if you try the recipe!