It’s road trip season, and that definitely means that road trip music is necessary.
My recent trip to Wintergreen Resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains, VA was wonderful. And for this trip, of course there was lots of music over the course of my two-week stay. From the car ride itself, to the mountain bar, to the live musicians that entertained us, music was a constant.
I hate to sound cliche but this mountain resort was sorta Dirty Dancing-ish. We stayed up on one of the mountain sides in a cozy condo, and we came down the mountain (cue the Dirty Dancing stair scene) to go to the lodge, the restaurants, and other activities out on the main lawn. Though Dirty Dancing represented a specific period in time, my music mix has a range of songs…from 80’s and 90’s…to a little older…to a little more recent.
These songs in my playlist were tunes that I heard throughout either the road trip portion or while I was on the mountain at the bar, or at one of the live music performances (hint: the vibe changes a little when we heard the reggae band). The songs stuck out to me when they came on. They were songs that I loved singing, songs that put me in a mood, and songs that made me reminisce. Some are fun, some are quite emo, some will have you running to your journal. But they are a mix of really good ballads, awesome hits, and just great songs to sing for whatever reason.
Somehow these songs made their mark on my mountain road trip so I compiled them as I went along so that I could put together this playlist for my (and your) future enjoyment. Click here for the full playlist on youtube, feel free to jump straight to an individual song below, or scroll down for the playlist embedded in this post.
- Endless Summer Night – Richard Marx
- Bette Davis Eyes – Kim Carnes
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- Dancing with a Stranger – Sam Smith, Normani
- Speechless – Dan + Shay featuring Tori Kelly
- Again – Janet Jackson
- One More Night – Phil Collins
- Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- Adore You – Harry Styles
- Back in the High Life Again – Steve Winwood
- You and Me – Lifehouse
- Kinky Reggae – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Let it Be – The Beatles
- Steppin’ Out – Joe Jackson
- Walk on the Ocean – Toad the Wet Sprocket
- You Sang to Me – Marc Anthony
- You Get What You Give – New Rascals
- Lookin’ Out My Back Door – Creedence Clearwater Revival
What would you add to my mountain playlist? Have any faves from this list?
Let me know!