This is tough for me because it requires self-promotion, which I am not good at. The temptation for me is to spin the topic around into “why I like to write”, so that I don’t focus on the writing itself, but rather what I enjoy about the process.
But I won’t do that. I will allow myself to have a moment of vulnerability and try my best to answer this prompt as written.
So, here are some things that I like about my writing…I’ll keep this short and sweet:
- I like reading my thoughts.
- I like journaling. I enjoy reading other people’s journals as well. There are a lot of blogs about a lot of things, but the type I like the most are people who write about their daily lives and thoughts.
- I like sharing things that I’ve accomplished or made or done with people beyond of my text list.
- I like my word choice. Sometimes I can be quite quirky and amusing.
- I like practicing the art of writing. Seeing that I continue to write encourages me to keep writing.
- I like seeing improvements in my writing and phrasing.
- I like the appearance of the finished product…the picture, the text, the additional elements, the layout…maybe this is why I liked being on the newspaper staff.
That’s all I have for today. So what do YOU like about your writing? I’m curious about people’s answers to this question because I found it a little difficult. Let me know!